Acceptable use Policy brings up more in deep examples of abusive usage not discussed in Terms of Service.
You may not use 99Stack Cloud services for actions or activities which, at our sole discretion, may be illegal, offensive, abusive or promote and foster such irresponsible behavior as well as actions contrary to accepted internet norms or behavior that threatens our (including our operators) infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to:
- Storage or transfer of illegal material, including material which is illegal to transmit over a public telecommunications network;
- Involvement in fraudulent activities;
- Unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data including attempts to identify vulnerabilities in systems and networks without the express permission of the system or network owner;
- Use of an Internet account or computing without the owner's authorization;
- Monitoring of data and network traffic without the owner's authorization;
- Collection of user information (including financial information) and email addresses without the consent of the person identified (Phishing);
- Interference with service to other users of computer systems or networks, including denial of service attacks;
- Use of false or misleading TCP-IP packet header information including but not limited to within emails and newsgroup postings;
- Publishing of websites or other material which are advertised by techniques (including but not limited to SPAM) which we would classify as abusive if they were carried out by 99Stack Cloud
- Use of 99Stack Cloud services to distribute software that covertly transmits user information and advertising delivery software (unless said software includes user consent and easy removal using standard established methods);
- Any other misuse of our or other computer systems;
- Any conduct likely to result in retaliation against 99Stack Cloud services, including engaging in behavior that results in a denial of service attack.
We prohibit content on 99Stack Cloud services which appear to us, at our sole discretion, to be offensive. This includes but is not limited to the storing or transmitting of any content or text-successs to any content which we believe to be:
- Child pornography or non-consensual sex acts;
- Harassing or inciting hate of any person or group of persons;
- Violating the privacy of any person or group of persons;
- Promoting or soliciting illegal activities under any applicable laws;
- Exposing trade secrets, infringing copyright, trademarks or patents or assisting others in doing so;
- Unfair or deceptive under consumer protection laws under any jurisdiction;
- Is illegal or promotes illegal activity under your applicable laws or that of 99Stack Cloud
- Violates export control laws or relates to illegal arms trafficking or illegal gambling;
- Promotes illegal drugs;
- Creates a risk to safety, health or national security.
Bulk email & content
We prohibit all uses of 99Stack Cloud services which appear to us at our sole discretion to involve bulk email or posting of content. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sending of unsolicited bulk/commercial email (SPAM);
- Excessive posting on web forums, news groups, chat services or IRC.
In order to send bulk or commercial email using 99Stack Cloud services, you must seek prior approval from 99Stack Cloud which will only be granted if you can demonstrate that:
- All intended recipients have given their express consent to receive such email for example via an opt-in procedure;
- Procedures for express consent from recipients of email must include reasonable steps to ensure the individual/company giving consent is actually the owner of the email receiving email;
- You retain a clear procedure for any recipient to revoke consent for receiving email and can demonstrate this procedure to 99Stack Cloud upon request;
- You honour all requests to revoke consent for receiving email from recipients within 5 working days of receiving said request and you confirm to the requesting recipient when the removal procedure has been completed;
- You must maintain an email address for reporting abuse or complaints. This email address must be registered with www.abuse.net;
- Emails received at your registered abuse email address must be responded to within 5 working days of receipt;
- The source of any email sent using 99Stack Cloud services must not be disguised or obscured in any manner;
- These requirements relate to all email transmitted via 99Stack Cloud services or relating to any site or services hosted or using any 99Stack Cloud services;
- 99Stack Cloud retains the right to test and monitor continued compliance with the above conditions.
- 99Stack Cloud may block mail that violates this AUP and your mail services may be terminated or terminated for any violation of this AUP in accordance with the Terms of Service.
Behaviour posing a threat to infrastructure
We prohibit all uses of 99Stack Cloud services which appear to us, at our sole discretion, to threaten our (including our operators) infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to:
- Usage which imposes excessive load beyond that expected from a typical server. For example, continuous high CPU or I/O use;
- Virtual server configurations with inadequate security, allowing unauthorized third party access;
- Attempts to circumvent our mechanisms for controlling, monitoring or billing usage.
- No credit will be available under the 99Stack Cloud Service Level Agreement for interruptions of service resulting from Authorised Use Policy violations.
Accounts terminated without a valid reason. (As determined after a case is resolved). Are eligible for a refund to cover the cost of the downtime. The refund is calculated by adding the hours of downtime for all affected services multiplied by the hourly price for each individual service.
Compliance for sub users
You will ensure that all use of 99Stack Cloud services, whether by you or by any of your users, follows the Terms of Service. In addition, you will bind your users to an Acceptable Use Policy containing all of the restrictions above.